Ballard School Summer Camps 2017
Terms and Conditions
- On receipt of your full payment and acknowledgement that you have both read and agreed to our terms and conditions, we will email confirmation of your place(s) on the required activity(ies).
- If you give us at least 14 days’ notice before the date(s) you want to cancel, we will refund all the monies paid.
- If you give us less than 14 days’ notice before the date(s) you would like to cancel we regret that no refund is available.
- In the event that we are unable to run the activity, for whatever reason, Ballard School reserves the right to cancel. In this unfortunate circumstance a full refund would be applicable. Alternatively, we would offer a place on another course / activity if appropriate.
- We aim to give notice of cancellation at least 10 days prior to the scheduled start of the activity. Notification will be by email or phone.
Adverse weather conditions
- In the unlikely event that we are unable to run the activity due to the weather, Ballard School will offer credit for another day. Up to date information will be on the Summer Camps website, and parents will be informed by text / email or phone.
- If participants are unable to attend due to adverse weather conditions, but the activity is going ahead, no refund will be applicable.
Available dates and activities
- Whilst we do everything possible to keep to the planned programme, both on the web and on the printed programme we reserve the right to make changes to activity arrangements. Ballard School will inform parents via our Summer Camps website as soon as possible.
- Activity programmes may be subject to change in the event of unsuitable weather or other circumstances beyond our control.
- Ballard School requires that all children who are ill or infectious be kept home for the full duration of their ailment, and for 48 hours after the last symptom occurs.
- If a child is unable to attend his or her chosen activity due to illness, claims should be supported by a doctor’s note in order to obtain a refund.
- It is the responsibility of the parents to inform the Activities Manager of any medical conditions and physical/behavioural needs, so we can discuss how best to accommodate the child. A medical form, which can be downloaded from the website or collected from the school office, must be filled in and returned to the organisers prior to the beginning of the activity.
- In the event of an accident, First Aid will be administered to children in our care
- In the case of an emergency every effort will be made to contact you, but if unable to do so, staff will take responsibility and act ‘in loco parentis’.
- Essential prescribed medicine must be handed in to the Activities Manager for safe keeping. All essential medicine must be clearly named prior to handing in to the Activities Manager
Timings for the day
- Children should arrive at 9.00am, with a view to activities starting soon after. The day finishes at 5.00pm promptly when pick up is expected.
- Morning only sessions start at 9.00am and finish at 12.30pm.
- Afternoon only sessions start at 1.30pm and finish at 5.00pm.
- All pupils must register prior to the commencement of the activity. Registration will be clearly signposted.
- All children MUST sign out before leaving the school at the end of their camp activity.
- There will be no canteen facilities available on the Ballard School site. Children need to bring in their own packed lunches and drinks. (with a reminder that Ballard is a nut-free school) Water will be available. Mid-morning and afternoon snacks will be provided.
Mobile phones and Electronic devices
- Ballard School will not accept responsibility for the damage or loss of any electronic devices or any other equipment or possessions that are brought onto site.
- Ballard School are likely to take photographs and videos during Ballard School Summer Camps. We reserve the right to use these in presentations, displays or for publicity.
- Notice of Absence
- If a child is not attending a scheduled day at Ballard School, parents must inform the Activities Manager as soon as possible and before the start of the specific activity on 01425 626900.
Behaviour...code of conduct
- Ballard School encourages a relaxed atmosphere within its grounds and aims to promote positive behaviour at all times.
- Upon booking you agree that your child or children will:
- Respect the property of others.
- Be patient, honest, fair and polite to others.
- Not use abusive or obscene language.
- Not be aggressive in the way they speak or behave to others.
- Respect and treat others as they would wish to be treated.
- Children are to respect the rules regarding the use of the school Astro surface which are posted directly outside the facility.
- Parents and Children are asked to respect the no alcohol, smoking or chewing gum school rules whilst on site.
- We have a responsibility for ensuring the well-being and safety of all children in our care.